Event Date: Monday 7 June 2021
Event Times: 12:00 to 13:00
Price (£): Free
Introducing Green Meetings - The ONLY Standard for Sustainable Meetings & Events for 25 Years.
For over 25 years Green Tourism has assessed and accredited the sustainable practices of businesses. Now, we’ve created a new standard specific to meetings and events venues.
700 venues and hotels across the UK are already using our Green Tourism standard to provide reassurance to their procurement teams.
Public and corporate sector venues onboard include: Olympia, Manchester International Conference Centre, Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Manchester United, Leeds University, BMA House, Central Hall Westminster, Glaziers Hall, and the QE2 Centre.
Through extensive research and engagement with our clients, we’ve learned they want to communicate to corporate buyers that their business has achieved a meetings specific standard, one which benefits from Green Tourism’s established credibility.
We have listened and acted and after a year in development, we will launch the new Green Meetings Standard. We would love you to join us in this online event.
Hear from our wonderful range of speakers how they use the Green Meetings Standard to drive messaging to their audiences. And how having the standard validates investment in sustainability to their economic buyers.
Online Event Speakers:
- Aileen Crawford, Head of Conventions, Glasgow Convention Bureau Glasgow’s commitment to Sustainability & the Business Benefits
- Rory Archibald, VisitScotland Business Events, The Business Events Sector: The Big Picture
- Scott Maclean, Managing Director, Green Tourism and Green Meetings Introducing the Green Meetings Standard
Conal O’Neil, Group General Manager, Dalata Hotel Group said: “The Green Tourism Standard enhances our RFP submissions and demonstrates to meetings & events buyers that we are serious about sustainability. Their standards are widely respected and their team is a huge support to our hotels on their sustainability journey”
2,500 + Businesses, including over 700 venues use Green Tourism's standard to bring reassurance to buyers.
25 Years + Green Tourism have been assessing and accrediting sustainable venues for over 25 years.
The Green Meetings Standard can be achieved at Gold, Silver or Bronze level.
You can prepare for your assessment completely online through our GreenCheck™ assessment system:
- Professional and knowledgeable sustainability assessors on-hand.
- As little as 2 hours to complete.
- 7 days for our Sustainability Advisory team to validate.
- Within 5 days you could be using your Green Meeting Standard logo.
- Continuous improvement reporting and support.
Green Tourism | https://www.green-tourism.com/pages/home