- Billy Garrett, Director Culture, Tourism and Events, Glasgow Life.
- George Tah, Director of Strategies and Project Coordinator, Jambo Radio.
- Andrea Nicholas, CEO, Green Tourism.
Our next Industry event is on Tuesday 25 October at SWG3
We have a packed line up arranged for you with Sustainability and Events as our key themes in one of Glasgow’s most dynamic venues; SWG3.
Join us, along with fellow members, for:
An update from Billy Garrett, Glasgow Life’s new Director for Tourism, Culture & Events about next year’s UCI Cycling World Championships and how sustainability and positive impact for the city are embedded in the event planning and how businesses can take advantage of this opportunity.
Andrew Fleming-Brown, Director of SWG3, will talk about the evolution of their venue so far and what they hope the next few years will bring for them and their community.
CEO for Green Tourism, Andrea Nicholas, will set out how they are currently working with Glasgow city centre hotels looking to improve on their green performance and will also detail the time sensitive funding that is currently available for SMEs.
George Tah, founder of Jambo Radio, will highlight how we can better connect jobs in the hospitality industry with people of African and Caribbean heritage living in Scotland.
Attendees will also be able to meet the team to learn more about:
- Current marketing campaigns, digital and social media, and PR activity.
- Working with travel trade and the benefits that it brings to your business.
- Meet the Major Events team.
- Meet the Convention Bureau team.
There are lots of good reasons to attend but here are the top five:
- Conference organisers are increasingly opting to choose destinations and venues which embed sustainability into their own practices. Learn how your business, and our city, can ensure that we do not lose out to other cities by advancing your green credentials.
- Access funding for SMEs which is now available to help your business become even more sustainable.
- Take Advantage of the 2023 UCI World Cycling Championships and other forthcoming city events by ensuring your business is ready to leverage these opportunities.
- Be Inspired, Be Sustainable - Hear from SWG3 and the work they have done to put sustainability at the heart of their business model.
- George Tah, Founder and Figurehead from Jambo! Radio joins to give the hospitality industry fresh ideas to help with recruitment, diversity and inclusion in your workplace. Jambo! is a channel for people of African and Caribbean heritage in Scotland to encourage visibility, participation, empowerment, economic development, equality and social justice.
There will be plenty of time for networking over refreshments in The Warehouse, at SWG3.
Who should attend: This event is suitable for all businesses working within Glasgow tourism industry. This event is for you if you're responsible for strategy, sustainability, inclusion and development within your business. General Managers, Director of Sales, Operations, Sustainability, Inclusion and Equality representatives will all find this event useful with actionable take homes.
- 09.45 Registration.
- 10.00 - 10.35 Plenary session: welcome and speeches: Andrew Fleming-Brown (Director of SWG3), Billy Garrett (Director of Tourism, Culture & Events, Glasgow Life), George Tah (founder of Jambo! Radio) and Scott Maclean (Managing Director for Green Tourism).
- 10.35 – 11.35 Networking and marketplace.
- 11:45 End.