New Glasgow Life tourism campaign with Expedia 2022
Glasgow Life has launched a targeted marketing campaign in partnership with global travel leader Expedia aimed at inspiring visitors from the USA, Canada and Germany to consider a future trip to Glasgow. Read more about the campaign.
Glasgow Life will launch a major campaign to promote Glasgow across the North of England in 2022
Glasgow Life will launch a tourism campaign to promote Glasgow as the ultimate UK destination for music fans and inspire music-themed short breaks. The campaign will support Glasgow’s tourism industry with a focus on live music industry and the night-time economy. We will run a virtual session early in 2022 on how you can make the most of the campaign, keep an eye on our industry events listing for details.
Winter 2021 - Love Glasgow This Christmas
We developed a locally focused campaign to promote the city’s winter and festive programming which:
- Positively profiled the city’s festive events programme as well as the wider city offering across retail, food and drink and attractions.
- Drove footfall into the city on the lead up to Christmas.
- Provided a platform for industry to promote their festive products and services and drive sales.
- Provided a unifying concept and promotional framework for the city’s civic events.
#LoveGlasgow city restart campaign - April 2021
Consumer campaign #LoveGlasgow was launch on Monday 26 April (2021) to coincide with the official reopening of Scotland’s tourism industry.
The Love Glasgow campaign aimed to build on the strong, emotional connection people have with their city, encouraging them to support the city centre, by returning to enjoy the things we have all missed during lockdown.
The campaign led by Glasgow Life, supported the sectors and businesses that were able and allowed to reopen. It aimed to remind people that it is safe to travel to and get around the city centre, while enjoying its fantastic retail, hospitality, walking trails, as well as outdoor and creative spaces; our parks, gardens, museums and galleries.
COVID-19 marketing framework
This Destination Marketing Framework provided a “roadmap” demonstrating how we continued to promote the city, support the industry, and aid recovery in during Government covid restriction levels.
Dream Now, Travel Later - January 2021
Internationally renowned as Europe’s largest winter music festival, Celtic Connections celebrated its 28th incarnation a little differently in 2021 with a brand new digital format. Thousands of fans from across 35 different countries enjoyed the virtual festival, which presented a unique opportunity to get Glasgow in front of international audiences. The marketing team at Glasgow Life developed an inspirational video which was shown throughout the Celtic Connections programme.
The video had a ‘Dream Now, travel later’ message and was shown ahead of each of the festival’s virtual performances, it was a great opportunity to keep Glasgow front of mind, inspire future visits and profile what the city has to offer when we can once again welcome visitors. You can watch the film on People Make Glasgow's social media channels. Industry and partners, were encourage to support and share across their own channels.
Glasgow restart consumer campaign - Glasgow is Open
Consumer campaign #GlasgowIsOpen was launched to coincide with the official reopening of Scotland’s tourism industry in 2020.
The first wave was aimed at day visitors to Glasgow and initially focused on a younger demographic and the family market.
The campaign later expanded to wider audiences across west central Scotland, moving to short break and staycation inspiration and was guided by government policy, industry reopening status and consumer behaviour.
#GlasgowIsOpen activity featured:
- A hero film – reinforcing pride and ownership of the city and reassured audiences that the city was open, ready, and safe.
- Creation of digital articles and features on People Make Glasgow channels – highlighting practical/know before you go information, Support Local, Inspire Locals and Inspire Scots.
- Radio promotions across west-central Scotland.
- Targeted digital activity.
- PR with local and Scottish regional titles.
CONSUMER CONTENT PLAN
Throughout lockdown the Glasgow Life Destination Marketing team created and shared content about Glasgow on our People Make Glasgow social media channels with two key objectives:
- To keep the destination front of mind for future visitors
- To support businesses to generate income, promote new initiatives or keep profile high
As restrictions eased, and the city gradually began to open up, we evolved our consumer content plan in line with the changes.