Glasgow Tourism and Events Group (GTEG)
The Glasgow Tourism and Events Group (GTEG) is operationally focused, representing the voice of Tourism and Events in Glasgow. It provides a platform for industry sector leads to share and collaborate.
The GTEG reports to the Glasgow Tourism Partnership (GTP) and is operationally supported by Glasgow Life, on behalf of Glasgow Economic Leadership (GEL).
- Greater Glasgow Hotels Association – Janice Fisher & Jamie Stevens
- Scottish Event Campus - Peter Duthie
- Glasgow’s Leading Attractions – Bridgeen Mullen & Sharon Morrison
- Glasgow Restaurant Association – Luke Tracey & Seumas MacInnes
- Derek Mallon, Food Tourism Ambassador
- City Centre Retail Association – Kyron Keogh
- Experience Glasgow – Craig Martin
- Night-Time Economy – Meryl Gilbert
- FirstBus – John MacLean
- Glasgow Airport – Ronald Leitch
- GCU Moffat Centre – Prof. John Lennon
- Glasgow Chamber of Commerce – Alison McRae
- Glasgow Life – Aileen Crawford, Alex Harvie, Julie Pearson & Anna Young
- Glasgow City Council – Denise Hamilton
- Scottish Enterprise - Karen Craib
- Glasgow Airport - Debbie McWilliams & Rebecca MacGregor
Focus for 2022
- Active participation in the refresh of the Glasgow Tourism & Visitor Plan (2023-2030).
- Monitor how tourism and events are supporting the visitor economy, health and wellbeing and sustainability.
- Support collaboration and early information sharing across the sector to give the industry as much opportunity as possible to get involved and benefit.
- Lead on increased industry engagement via 3 in-person members meetings per annum plus digital meetings around keys opportunities and campaigns.
- 4 x per annum, meeting taking place before the GTP so that representatives can report back on progress.