Glasgow Music Nonstop music tourism campaign, 2022
In early 2022, Glasgow Life launch a tourism campaign to promote Glasgow as the ultimate UK destination for music fans and inspire music-themed short breaks. The campaign aimed to support Glasgow’s tourism industry with a focus on live music industry and the night-time economy. Read more about the campaign on the press release as well as an update and next steps.
Developed by Glasgow Life’s Destination Marketing team, ‘Glasgow: Music Nonstop’ showcases the energy and vibrancy of the city’s unrivalled music offer, positioning Glasgow as a first-choice short break destination for music fans.
Named ‘Europe’s Secret Capital of Music’ by TIME Magazine, Glasgow was the UK’s first, and remains Scotland’s only, UNESCO City of Music. Pre-Covid, Glasgow hosted an average of 130 gigs and music events every week, contributing an estimated £75m each year to the city’s economy.
Launched in February, created with £90,000 from VisitScotland’s Destination and Sector Marketing Fund, the campaign is aimed at supporting the recovery and restart of Glasgow’s music and night-time industries in the wake of the pandemic, as well as reinforcing the wider message that the city’s tourism and hospitality sector is open for business.
The first phase of the campaign, from mid-February to end March, supported Glasgow’s live music industry and the night-time economy and facilitated industry collaboration to aid the development of music themed product for the city.
Targeting audiences in North West England, it featured a mix of targeted digital and social media advertising, PR activity and partnership activity with Avanti West Coast along with development of music-themed content on the city’s official visitor website and a new promotional video that you can watch on out You Tube page.
The second phase, throughout the summer, targets audiences across Scotland and showcases music-themed experiences alongside the great summer music events and festivals taking place in the city. Activity will include:
- Music-themed content development including blogs from Piping Live and SubClub and a series of short reels for Instagram and Facebook.
- Partnerships with Ticketmaster, The List and Bauer Radio allowing us to reach engaged music and arts audience across target geographies
- Consumer PR and influencer activity.
How to get involved
- Download the social media assets on the right and share on your social media channels.
- Use #GlasgowMusicNonstop on your digital and social channels.
- Update us on music events and activity that we can incorporate into the content on the visitor website.